In the News
Cruisin' Hines from
Wayne County Executive
SAVE THE DATE!
August 29th, 2021
A Note from the Promoters:
What a year! I recall in December trying to come up with ideas to make this year special - "The Roaring 20's" came to mind. The “Covid Cruise” was not on our radar!
We have been working diligently with Wayne County Parks since April trying to figure out ways to social distance and continue Cruisin' Hines for our 10th Annual year. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to find a safe way to put this event on in 2020.
Part of this is based on observations at the 8th Annual All American Wayne Road Cruise this past June 20th, which ran with some rule changes. These included asking people to wear masks when in groups, limit to 40 cars per lot and to social distance. Sadly, we didn't see many people following these rules. We have also attended a number of Cruise Nights and larger cruises and have seen the same kind of behavior.
As a result, Cruisin’ Hines is cancelled for 2020. We are asking that the cruisers please stay home, or enjoy a nice drive somewhere, but to not congregate in Hines Park. The future of this event depends on the cruisers co-operation.
We love Cruisin’ Hines, and want to see it continue for many years to come. However, it is also important that everyone – cruisers, spectators, vendors, as well as the rest of the community – remains safe and healthy and ready to cruise again in 2021.
Mark your calendars for August 29, 2021 to attend the 10th Cruisin' Hines.
Thank you for your support. Stay safe.
Don and Gayle Nicholson
Check out how much fun we had in 2019!
Entrance for Cruisin' Hines - Ford Rd. & E.N. Hines Dr.
No Entry at Ann Arbor Trail, Merriman Road, or Outer Drive.
Click Here for Map and More Information
Just a few rules . . .
- **$5 Donation per Car: Please Have Exact Change!**
- E.N. Hines Dr. closed for all except Classic Cars/Trucks, 25 years & older. Click HERE for a full description of allowed cars.
- Park opens at 9am for Cruisers.
- Cruisers must enter at Ford Road. No entry at Ann Arbor Trail / Nankin Mills or Merriman Rd.
- Spectators can park at Merriman Rd., Telegraph Rd. and Warrendale, but may not drive onto E.N. Hines Drive.
** Note for Spectators: Parking is limited. Once these lots are full, spectators will need to park off-site.**
- The pavilions will be open to the public. Vendors will be there with food and event goodies.
- All State of Michigan rules apply.
- All park and motor vehicle laws apply.
- No motorcycles, mini-bikes, or golf carts.
- Bicycles must use the bike path or follow State of Michigan bicycle laws. No passing on the right. Follow the flow of traffic.
- Zero tolerance for burn-outs, drunk driving. No racing starts.
- No passing. No parking on the paved shoulder. Paved shoulder must be left clear for emergency traffic.
- No unapproved commercial banners.
- No unapproved vendors or commercial vehicles
- Questions? Contact Don Nicholson at Don@DonNicholson.net or 734-658-5296.
Don't have a Classic, but still want to be a part of Cruisin' Hines?
Become a Cruisin' Hines Volunteer!